Wednesday, April 29, 2009

good day

"Cute chicks! Aren't we just adorable?" And dandelion dust on our hands, tattooing approval for us to pass the girl-barricade on the track.

It was a good day with the girls yesterday. Oh, yes, there were the usual spats and pouts, but I had the chance to walk around the track with Samantha and Alexis draped around me, to learn the "Cute Chicks" song that is part of the third grade musical, and to run with Marah while she exclaimed over the new furniture that she got for her bedroom.

I'm thinking that next year I'll be an assistant, not a coach. The time with the girls just running or walking and talking is so refreshing. And I even got to join the ranks of the fairytale kingdom yesterday... as the donut taster.

Yes, it was a good day.

1 comment:

patty said...

what a blessing for those girls to have you.