Sunday, April 12, 2009

easter.joy

I am full--spiritually, emotionally, physically.

I made from-scratch waffles this morning.

I walked to church in the glorious sunshine with my best guy friend, who happens to be my husband.

The question the pastor asked is, "Wouldn't it sometimes be easier [to believe] if Jesus just showed up?"

Yep.

Yet. Jesus does show up, all the time.

Wherever I go, Jesus is with me.

Therefore, Jesus shows up in lots of places.

What came to mind almost immediately was the so-called chance encounter downtown with Samantha yesterday, one of my sweet Girls on the Run. No mom in sight, but I met Eli, her older brother.

It was the second so-called chance encounter with her outside of school. My chiropractor's office turns out to be next door to her house. So one morning I met her and her sister as they were on their way to school.

Yeah, I'm so obvious. I don't believe in chance encounters. I'm not sure what the purpose is. Maybe as simple as being glad to see her and interested in what she has to say.

Maybe the church has it wrong. Maybe it's not about bringing people to church to meet Jesus. Maybe it's about Him showing up wherever people are.

Wow, that's a lot of maybes.

Happy Easter, y'all.

May His joy & blessings be yours!

No comments: