Friday, November 30, 2012

wonder

Wonder.

A cause of astonishment or admiration... rapt attention or astonishment at something awesomely mysterious or new to one's experience... miracle. (Merriam Webster)

If I could have a photo of wonder, this would be it. My nephew was enraptured by the tornado-like vortex at the museum.

I have an opportunity every day to live with admiration, astonishment and miracles. All I need to do is open my eyes to the beauty around me, whether it is the glory of autumn leaves or the tenacious clinging of the withered, brown leaves to winter-bare branches. 

I can open my arms to the now-fragile feel of my dad's hug. Once he held me up; now it's my turn.

I can open my ears to the sound of the cardinal or the sound of my voice singing "Jesus Loves Me" to my nephew as he snuggles into bed, thumb in mouth, blankie firmly gripped.

I can open my spirit to the wonder of this: Jesus. Loves. Me.






No comments: