Tuesday, November 6, 2012

seeing

I was convinced that the eye doctor was going to tell me there was something seriously wrong with my vision. Simply because I have gloried in autumn colors as never before. The first sign was on an August walk at Big M in the Manistee National Forest.


The radiant leaves lit by our porch light captured my attention on my way to bed.


Stopping to look up on a Saturday run...


And looking down on another Saturday run...

We all want to leave a mark, and the leaves are no exception. They write their signature indelibly on concrete.


I thought this might be one of the last.


Only to discover these bright leaves bravely clinging after the rainy influence caused by Hurricane Sandy.


There was nothing wrong with my eyesight... I think that God is giving me a gift of seeing during the hard days. To remind me that He is Creator and gives me all things to enjoy.



Weeping may last for a night - but joy comes in the morning.

No comments: