Wednesday, December 19, 2012

christmas.day (-6)


They came with a warning not to eat them.

Living in my cubicle-world, I do what I can to acknowledge the season - in this case, window clings. It would help to view a snow-covered field outside, but this is the new Michigan winter.

It hasn't "felt" much like Christmas yet. Maybe it's because I still hope for a white Christmas (though I think Draco is going to pass us by). Or because I feel the grief of my friend who prays and waits for a sign that her son will journey safely through PTSD. And then there is the horror and sadness of Sandy Hook.

And yet.

It is Christmas. The words of Welcome to Our World by Chris Rice speak to me perfectly:

Tears are falling, hearts are breaking

How we need to hear from God

You've been promised, we've been waiting
Welcome Holy Child


Welcome Holy Child

Maranatha. Come, Lord Jesus.

I am thankful for Your gift.


tuesdays-unwrapped-700x155.jpg

No comments: