Monday, December 31, 2012

10000.Reasons


The word for 2012 is miracles. Twelve months ago, I didn't expect that to describe my year, but it resonates in my thoughts and soul.

According to Merriam Webster, it's "Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin miraculum, from Latin, a wonder, marvel, from mirari to wonder at."

These two guys teach me a lot about wonder. Noah likes to ask, “Why, Aunt Susan…?” Yes indeed. Why?



My dad is a marvel, a trouper. We thought we would lose him four years ago when the doctors couldn’t come to a diagnosis. They stumbled upon dialysis, and between that and seventeen (or so) medications, he is still with us. Earlier this year, he lost his “pep”, but again rallied and rehabilitated. I am grateful that my husband and I could celebrate Christmas with him and my mom.



I wonder at the way that God set me, the solitary one, in a family. He gave me, the barren woman, children. It’s been twelve years and I experience no less wonder than the beginning – actually, it is more “wonder-full” as years pass.



God provided a husband who loves Him and me, in that order. As a bonus, he makes me laugh. This picture is from his 60th birthday dinner, and it’s how I’d like people to remember us.



It wasn’t an easy year. That makes this life even more miraculous. A good friend, a solid Christian man, committed suicide. Another good friend nearly died but has been restored to us. A family rift leaves me broken – but doesn’t God love to work in the broken places?

Psalm 103:1-2 is our family prayer and because of that, Matt Redman’s song 10,000 Reasons pierces my soul.

I've got a BOLO for 2013 because God paved the way in 2012.

Be on the lookout - for miracles.

topofthepagewithleslie

No comments: