Wednesday, December 31, 2008

and the angels rejoiced...


You never know exactly what God is up to. He's just that way. It's so important to listen for His voice, though, just in case there's something He needs you to do.

Last week, I just happened to be tuned in to the inner voice that suggested I call Sara and ask her if she had a good Bible, and if not, would she like to go shopping because I'd love to buy one for her.

But the story is not about me. When Sara and I were at Panera this morning before our shopping trip, she told me about October 8th, the day that she "prayed the prayer."

The story is about God and Sara. It's about the ache that Sara felt, the one that brought her from believing in God to relationship with God. It's about the message that she heard last Sunday that seemed directed right at her. It's about her decision to re-prioritize her life. It's about the fact that she now is part of our spiritual family.

And the angels rejoiced. (Me, too!)

No comments: