Friday, December 26, 2008

he's so smart

My husband, Bruce, is one smart man. That must be why God put us together. When my thoughts tailspin like the Kansas twister that transported Dorothy to Oz, Bruce helps me come in for a smooth landing.

The latest tailspin has involved not knowing whether or not I'll be approved for Dale Carnegie instruction. I'm supposed to start teaching in February, if approved. And if approved, it means I can't coach Girls on the Run--but may be able to work out being a team assistant.

Now, Girls on the Run is important, extremely so. I was reminded of that today when I was shopping at Target and ran into Gwen, one of "my girls". Though she never made it the full 5k in practice, she doggedly and determinedly kept moving for the Wondergirl 5k celebration. The exhaustion on her face was evident at the finish... and she was near tears. I was so incredibly proud of her. I have a great photo of the two of us, and today, like that day, I gave her a big hug.

So Bruce suggested that all I have to do is let my Dale Carnegie sponsor know that I have a deadline. Gotta sign up for Girls on the Run by January 31st. And that if the Dale Carnegie organization doesn't let me know by then, I won't be able to teach until Girls on the Run is finished in May. Simple. Put it out there, and then forget about it.

And that's why he's such a smart guy. I'm thankful for him!

No comments: