Saturday, May 5, 2012

fullness

People talk about glasses half-empty or half-full.

Occasionally I hear someone say, "My cup runneth over."

Rarely do I hear, "My glass is full."

Yesterday I read, "For in Christ, all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ, you have been brought to fullness." (Colossians 2:9-10)

I am not half-empty, not half-full. I am full.

I have been brought to fullness.

Fullness doesn't come from anything I have done or will do. It doesn't come from accomplishment or money or possessions or human relationships. I've been brought to fullness - or led or carried - call it what you will. "Out of His fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given." (John 1:16)

I have been brought to fullness.

Fullness is something I possess already. Do I know that? Do I realize that I am a glass brimming full, about to spill over?


I have been brought to fullness.





No comments: