Sunday, May 3, 2009

snapshot


Tonight was a one-of-a-kind event. A snapshot, a moment in time.

I've often thought that a musical performance is a never-to-be-repeated work of art, and I participated in a masterpiece this evening.

Two artists, Sharon (soloist) and me (accompanist). Guest vocalists, Scott and Justin. A crowd of people gathered to listen. Guests included:
- My parents
- My husband and daughter-in-law, Sara
- My longstanding friend from childhood, Julie, and her mom
- Former boss, Darrell and his wife, Marilyn
- Friend Lucille
- Former BFAW, Dan Steffer, his wife Yvonne and son Brendan

Why are the guests important? It's all part of the experience! That group of people will never be gathered in that place to hear these musicians perform that program again. Even if we collected them all, we would not play with exactly the same emotion and dynamics--it would be a different work of art.

It was outstanding. No other word to describe it. Did I ever know that I could play like that, or have I simply forgotten?

God answered every prayer affirmatively for this evening.

No comments: