Saturday, February 7, 2009

jiggity jog

Well, all good things must come to an end--sometime. Today we head "home again, home again, jiggity jog"! It has been an amazing five days in Cancun, with the ocean breeze keeping the temperature comfortable. The 30 sunscreen has done its trick--I have no burnage, despite hours lounging poolside. I am now what some would consider a healthy color.

It's going to be shocking to hit the Michigan deep freeze again, but I look forward to it. After all, as Bruce pointed out, it's home--where all the people and places important to us are... It's our relationships that matter most.

We'll see if the kitties will forgive us, though Sara is such a blessing--she plays with them when she comes to check in each day. I wonder if she has had any success with the challenge I threw down--whether she could teach them their names while we were gone.

Hasta la vista...

1 comment:

patty said...

I pray you have a safe uneventful trip.
Hopefully the weather will be mild for your return.
At the moment it is 50 degrees which a virtual heatwave for the tundra!
Blessings...and welcome home.