Monday, January 12, 2009

(in)gratitude

I've noticed lately how ingratitude there is. People who don't say thank you, or those who can find the cloud around every silver lining. Even our "praise reports" after a recent Bible study sounded perilously half-empty.

Even I fall prey to this. Instead of being grateful that I was selected to be a Dale Carnegie instructor candidate, I instead focused on the failure. Instead of thankfulness for the many redeeming qualities in one of my co-workers, I focus on personality traits that fray my last nerve.

I am thankful for...
- a job when so many are unemployed
- the cup of coffee that my husband brings me each morning
- the gentle ppppht of snowflakes and the quiet hum of tires on a snowy road
- waking to find a soft kitty paw wrapped around my neck
- God, the Creator of all good things, and the things that are for my good even when I don't see them that way.

2 comments:

patty said...

I would like to add to your list....2 things I'm thankful for...one I'm thankful for you!
and 2...drum roll...a doctor finally gave Jon a diagnosis!!! A TORN ACL!! HE'S BEEN WALKING FOR 9 MOS WITH A TORN ACL!
The silver lining? He won't be discharged until he has surgery and it is corrected...PTL!

Susan said...

Amazing, amazing. Praise God! For answered prayer--and God's provision of a diagnosis and corrective surgery at government expense!