Monday, July 27, 2009

decision

All-consuming, that's how it's been. I find myself with a constant undercurrent moving beneath my thoughts, sometimes forming waves that crash disruptively over my listening skills. Like in a meeting last week, where twice I was caught deep in thought about The Decision.

It's a very cool opportunity to spend a year working at another location, to meet a new team of people and live in their culture. The company is sensitive to the fact that my husband, who owns a business, will not go with me - on this sojourn, at least.

Opportunity = change. And change is not something I take lightly.

Finally I realized that this isn't about trying to figure it all out on my own, that God has a vested interest, too.

As I've been able to slow down and place it in God's hands and put it on God's timetable, it has brought peace and anticipation instead of perplexity and anxiety.

1 comment:

patty said...

Decisions are never easy!
I'm glad to hear you are able to rest and know that God will lead.
I continue to keep you in prayer.