Sunday, October 28, 2012

splinter

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10) 








I woke up this morning with a sore and irritated finger, forgetting that yesterday I'd gotten a splinter while doing fall garden clean-up.

It was such a small splinter, but quickly had worked its way deeper, turning the area around it pink - with skin already tightly closed over it. It had been so long since I had a splinter that I wasn't sure how to go about removing it. My husband said, "Tweezers."

I opened the skin with a gentle prick from a safety pin, but that wasn't quite enough - it needed to be opened more to free the splinter for the tweezer's grasp.

How like the irritation and inflammation that seemingly small sins generate in my attitude and heart! Will I confess them (opening my covering skin)? Will I trust God with the tweezers to let Him pull them out?



No comments: