Tuesday, February 5, 2008

from kansas to oz


Subtitled: From Kalamazoo to Cancun

Imagine the sensory overload after living in various shades of black, gray, and brown for the past months. As we walked through the resort in Cancun yesterday, it was beyond technicolor. Emerald Bermuda grass, deep green palms, glossy black mynah birds, and the azure and cobalt of the ocean.

Our room overlooks the ocean, and I can lie in bed and watch the palms blowing in the brisk breeze as the sun comes up. I sit on our little patio in the morning with my cup of coffee and my Bible, and smell the unfamiliar tang of saltwater and hear birdsongs that are totally new.

It reminds me that God has created all this, and that once again, I need to stop and experience the glory of a different landscape.

No comments: