Saturday, June 20, 2009

God = Chiropractor

I realized this morning that God is a chiropractor, only more so.

It's been one of those weeks where my attitude got the best of me. Emotional exhaustion from sharing Bill and Debbie's grief left me less than resilient. (Meaning I was not relying on God to help me recuperate).

Then came a somewhat incomprehensible situation, one that resurrected the emotions of a desire unfulfilled. Because I play the comparison game, I traveled to "My contributions don't count and I must be worth less (maybe even nothing)."

Wow. My self-talk is a crime.

God asked Jonah, "Do you have any right to be angry?" Jonah was struggling with thoughts of unfairness. OW. God reached in and adjusted my heart.

Psalm 84 - "What joy for those whose strength comes from the Lord, who have set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem..." OUCH! Where have I set my mind? I feel God's hands beginning to massage and adjust my thoughts.

I remember that last fall I said I want more joy in my life... Why? Joy produces energy. Anger produces exhaustion. I want energy!

My friend, Wendy, had a day (or days?) not long ago where she wrote "Count your blessings" on Facebook. Repeatedly. A great reminder to me today, because I am focused on the one thing God has withheld from me and given to someone else, instead of His generous blessings heaped all around me.

Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.

No comments: